Semalt Presents Three Simple Steps To Prevent Malware Pop-Ups And Spam
If you browse the internet daily, you must be familiar with pop-up ads, malware, and spam. These odd ads come in different forms and try to sell you particular products or services. While the emails and pop-ups of brands and reputable firms are legitimate and safe, the adware programs generating illegitimate malware spam and pop-ups will install spyware and hijack your web browser. They will also capture your private information, such as credit card details and PayPal ID.
Oliver King, the Semalt Customer Success Manager, says that junk email or spam is a cost-shifted advertisement form. If your inbox has loads of messages from companies or people you don't know, you may have the malware on your computer. Instant messaging and emails have become a famous way to spread malware and spyware. The spammers trick you into malicious activities and send lots of meaningless and useless emails almost daily. Google shares that over eighty million spam emails are sent every day, but it is possible to get rid of malware pop-ups and spam in three simple steps.
Step 1: Remove the unwanted programs from the Google Chrome browser (Windows only):
If you are using a Linux or Mac device, you may not get benefited from this step. And if you are using Google Chrome as your primary browsers, you can easily remove or prevent malware pop-ups and spam in the following ways:
- Install a plugin like Adblock Plus and remove all unwanted programs by clicking on the Remove option. Google Chrome will help you remove the malware, set the settings to default and turn off your extensions.
- Don't forget to restart your computer once you have installed and activated this plugin.
- To turn on the extensions you trust, go to the More Tools – Extensions option and click on the Enable button.
Step 2: Remove the unwanted programs on all computers:
If you have recently bought or downloaded an antivirus or anti-malware program, you should run it to remove the pop-up ads and spam as soon as possible.
- On the Mac computer, go to the Folder option and click on Applications button.
- Look for the pop-up ads or spam you don't recognize or want to remove.
- Click on the Move to Trash button and click on Empty Trash to get rid of malware instantly.
Step 3: Reset the browser settings on all computers:
You can reset the browser settings on any computer with the following method:
- Open the Firefox or Chrome browser on your computer.
- Click on the Settings option and go to the Advanced area.
- The next step is to click on the Reset button and confirm your actions by clicking on the Save button.
Messages with malware or spyware can arrive from any source, so you can adapt the above methods to remove all of them. Whether you receive suspicious emails or see annoying pop-ups, you will be able to get rid of them and enjoy browsing the internet safely and securely. Meanwhile, you should never open the emails and text messages of unknown senders!